– A LITTLE BIT ABOUT TWISTED AISLE WEDDINGS –
I’m Beth and I’m a Portland, Or wedding photographer with a photojournalistic approach to shooting. My style is fun, colorful, natural and let’s be honest, a little silly too. I’m most drawn to capturing ‘imperfect’ moments, sideways glances, belly laughs and raw emotions.
I prefer allowing the events of the day to unfold naturally so that the images I create are authentic and unique to each couple’s personalities. My photography is a visual story of your celebration, of your humor, and of your relationships with family, friends and even some of those random +1s that you haven’t really had the chance to hang out with yet but might become great friends in the years to come.
Throughout the wedding day, I slip in and out of stealth mode to document everything with an eye for the raw, weird, sweet, humorous, honest moments but also keep on the lookout for the opportunity to make some really beautiful images happen. Not only do I document the action and stories of the day, I work with couples throughout their planning process so that they can pull-off an an honest, authentic and fun-as-hell love party. My hope is to help you side step the pinterest-obsessed, bride-centric black hole that weddings can sometimes turn into and just remember to have fun.
While I like to observe and capture genuine, candid interactions I will give you a little direction when needed so you’re not left wondering what in the world your hands are supposed to be doing. This blend of guidance and spontaneity is especially great if you’re kind of camera shy; it’s my job to help you feel comfortable and relaxed so you look your best and that’s generally somewhere pretty far from either being treated like a human mannequin or being left to figure it out on your own.
– A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU –
Most of my clients tend to be fun-loving, silly, genuine, a little (or a lot) nerdy and have adventurous spirits. They value the beauty in simple moments and
are interested in having keepsakes of the interactions, connections and relationships between the people at the wedding rather than big, flashy, posed setups.
The couples who hire me want to have a relationship with their photographer so that it feels like a friend is there capturing their day; Someone who’s invested in their story and their family and their memories not just some rigid professional who treats it like any other job. This is important to note because if there’s dancing you will most definitely see me out on the floor busting a move with your mother-in-laws and catching it all on camera.
– A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME –
- My motto is Work Hard, Have Fun (and I’m really good at both those things).
- I’m proud to be a body positive photographer, a passionate supporter of marriage equality, and advocate for human and animal rights whenever possible.
- I adore nerd culture and my husband and I currently have a bit of an obsession with backing new tabletop games on Kickstarter.
- I believe few things are better than a hoppy beer paired with the right bourbon- But if it gets over 90 degrees I will totally drink cold pink wine.
- I usually listen to loud rock or metal while I edit photos though I’ve been known to blast musical theater soundtracks in the car with the windows down.
- I have a bit of a potty mouth when I’m not working with clients and probably owe my 9 year old niece enough Swear Jar change to send her to college.
- I have a passionate love/hate/love relationship with horror movies.
Twisted Aisle is the weddings side of my business, Beth Olson Creative where I photograph the lives and passions of musicians, artists, performers, local business owners and nerds of all kinds!
You can find some of my published work with Oregon Bride Magazine, Green Wedding Shoes, Offbeat Bride, 100-layer cake and a variety of non-wedding places like Portland Monthly, Vortex Music Magazine, The Portland Mercury and Skorch Magazine if you happen to care about that kind of thing.
Alright, now it’s your turn. Get a hold of me and we’ll meet up for a drink, laugh over cat videos and geek out a little about your upcoming party!